Make In India Tourism and Hospitality
USD 27.69 billion in Foreign Exchange Earnings(FEEs) through tourism during 2017 (20.8% growth over 2016)
1613.55 million Domestic Tourist Visits during 2016.
India is host to 35 world heritage sites, 10 bio-geographical zones and 26 biotic provinces.
India was host to 10.18 million Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) during 2017.
India has 21 Central institutes of hotel management
In India, 78 jobs are created with every USD 1 million invested in the sector
- -Visa scheme extended to 161 countries, 2.5 times increase in e-visa arrivals in 2015-16
- 26.2% growth in Foreign exchange Earnings: from INR 2.3 Trillion (2012-14) to INR 2.9 trillion (2014-16)
- Swadesh Darshan launched –13 theme tourist circuits identified, 5 pan- India mega circuits identified, 56 projects worth INR 4823.91 crore underway
- PRASAD launched – 25 cities identified, 18 projects worth INR 488.45 crore underway
- 12 Institutes of Hospitality Management has been sanctioned for North East, 4 institutes operationalized; Indian Culinary Institute setup at Tirupati
- 1.85 lakh people trained under ‘Hunar se Rozgar Tak’ scheme.